Tuesday 31 August 2010

Back in Brussels

I still woke up this morning thinking I might step out into the wonder of North Greenview ...

We arrived yesterday at 8 a.m. to Brussels' airport. We had a good trip. The three of us were able to catch some sleep on the plane, but Georgie and I had a long nap in the afternoon (I had a very long one!).

I will be leaving to the office in some 45 minutes (It's now 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, 1 September).

Jarl and Georgie will have another week of holidays to get used to life in Brussels. Georgie will start the new school on 7 September; European School of Woluwe St. Lambert, Portuguese Section. She is very happy to be back in Brussels. You should have seen her happy face the moment we landed, reached our street, stepped inside the apartment, the moment she saw her room and her toys. Georgie was beaming and kept saying how happy she was feeling. But she misses Crown Fountain in Chicago; Georgie wondered if we could go there today.

I feel like I left some part of my heart in Chicago. I suppose we all have bits and pieces of our hearts wandering around. No need for mending, that's just the way things are.

As my mother-in-law, Ulla, would say, take a deep breath and put the boots on. And then face the morning one step at a time.


(L)

No comments:

Post a Comment